Last Updated on Dec 4, 2020
Before the upgrade to new iPhone, each iPhone owners have a challenging task how to move or set the same settings on New iPhone. Before this time Apple gave the option for Android users quickly switch to iPhone and Now, Old iOS devices can directly use new iPhone using the instant setup that transfers all data and settings to new iPhone running on iOS 12 or later. If you don’t want to use Automatic Setup, then skip this steps. But we would like and recommend to all latest iOS users.
If you want to transfer and use the Automatic setup in the latest iOS, then skip this and follow the next simple guide that we can complete as you like before.
Running latest iOS device will allow you to set up a new iPhone or iPad running iOS by transferring all settings of your present or in use devices to your brand new tool.
What are the steps for setup new iPhone? No use Automatic setup option
Compatible Device/iOS: iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6/6 Plus, iPhone 6S/6S Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XS, iPhone XR running on latest iOS (Both Devices must be installed latest iOS 12 or later)
Again a new feature of iOS 11 which will make the device more convenient to use. As the title says “Automatic setup iPhone and iPad” which means it enables the user to set up the new device using the old equipment or current device which will include all the data of your former or current device. In-short the advantage of this function is, before in case you want to set up a new tool we need to perform all actions like sign into Apple ID, restore data and many more. But in the Automatic setup, you only have to sign in to Apple ID and rest of the information or data will automatically be transferred to the new device.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Steps for Use Automatic Setup on iPhone and iPad
- Step 1: Turn on and choose the language on a new iPhone or iPad and bring both old and new device nearer to each other.
- Step 2: Now Pop Up will appear on iPad or iPhone which will ask you to set up the device with your Apple ID so Tap on “Continue.”
- Step 3: For confirmation, you have to scan the image using old or current iPhone or iPad which will appear on the new iPhone or iPad.
- Step 4: Now enter the password of old or current iPhone or iPad on a new iPad or iPhone.
- Step 5: Add new Touch ID on the new device
- Step 6: If you want to restore recent Backup on the new device then click on yes or no
- Step 7: Select to restore data to the new iPhone or iPad from iTunes or iCloud and set up a new iPad or iPhone.
- Step 8: Next, Tap Agree on “Terms and Conditions.”
- Step 9: Click on continue under settings to adapt settings for Usage analytics, Location, Siri and Find my iPhone that you transferred to new iPhone or iPad from the old device.
- Step 10: Finally finish the setup process for new iDevice as you do.
- Tip to Customize control center on your iPhone
- Turn on Auto-Answer calls on iPhone
- Activate Type to Siri in latest iOS
See this Video Quick through the tutorial,
Quick Solution for Problems like below,
Automatic Setup Failed or Unable to sign in
Keep both devices intimately near to each Other.
Password Mismatch or Set Up New iPhone popup not showing
Login your Apple ID password on icloud.com and test it’s correct or not. If not then reset Apple ID password
Both Devices Must Be Updated With latest iOS 11, Check-in old iPhone/iPad running iOS 10, iOS 9 or iOS 8 (Go to the Settings App > General > Software Update) to iOS 11 and Follow our steps from 1.
The Express Settings takes much time because of it’s configured functions like Find My iPhone, iCloud Backup, iMessage Backup.
This most advanced data transfer option for the new device. Make your new iPhone/iPad like old in usage.
Stuck Setup on transfer data
Merely restart Both the Devices and Start setup again (Useful: Restart iPhone Without Home Button)
Here we cover all about Use Automatic Setup in iOS 11 in steps, Also Video Tutorial alternatively, Troubleshooting forums questions and Solution. Don’t miss the chance to share it with your friend on a social page.