Last Updated on Oct 26, 2021
The clubhouse app won’t let me log in it means you are Unable to Sign In to Clubhouse App? Clubhouse showing “We are unable to sign you in, please try again later“/”There was an error logging you in. Please sign in again“/”That wasn’t right. Please try again” I’ve seen many people reporting this error while trying to login to Clubhouse App on iPhone and Android. If you’re the one searching for a solution to get this issue fixed, try our below-mentioned workarounds to get rid of it. With apps like this Server causes such errors most of the time, but if it is not, then troubleshooting your device is recommended.
Trying to unravel the best possible ways to fix the can’t log in to Clubhouse App, you’ve landed in the right place.
Fix We are unable to sign you in; please try again later. Clubhouse: iPhone/Android.
1. Are Clubhouse Servers Down?
Apps like Clubhouse operate on servers, and it’s evident due to some or other reasons, the Servers go down. Furthermore, it might be possible the Clubhouse app is under maintenance, and that’s why the Server is down.
How do you know Clubhouse Server is down? The first and easiest way to get the correct information is by visiting the Official Twitter Handle of Clubhouse, and secondly, you can rely on other websites to check the Clubhouse Status via CH Support.
What to do when Clubhouse Server is down? To be fair, there is nothing we can do when the Clubhouse server is down, so just stay tuned with their Twitter account; their team will update the status.
2. Verify Phone Number if Clubhouse can’t register
if your phone Clubhouse can t login? This is one of the most common mistakes people make while login to apps like Clubhouse. The Clubhouse needs your phone number to log in; therefore, kindly check the number you’re entering is the same number you have used earlier while registering on the Clubhouse.
Furthermore, also don’t forget to mix up other country codes with your phone number in a hurry, make sure that the country code and phone number are correct, or else you’ll be facing issues while login into Clubhouse.
3. Dual-SIM Phone Owners, Set Primary SIM
Here changing the criteria for the Dual-SIM iPhone is necessary in order to ensure everything is going in the right direction. Once you enter the phone number to log in on Clubhouse, their Server will send you a verification code to verify; in your case, set the phone number as Primary. Keep in mind- new iPhone 13-series come with two-ESim and 1 physical Sim, hence check what sim is enabled currently? and follow the bottom steps.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on Cellular Which you turned on.
- Tap on the phone number for which you want to make changes.
- Select Cellular Plan Label.
- Enable and use it for “Turn on this line” toggle.
Now give it a try to log into the Clubhouse App after making the changes mentioned above. let’s follow my guide if the Clubhouse verification code not working.
4. Update Clubhouse App
Apart from troubleshooting the Clubhouse app on your own, why not update it to the latest version, in most cases, updating the app resolves the problem. Because the glitch has already been fixed by the developers, and here you’re busy figuring out the solutions.
- Open the App Store.
- Tap on your profile icon in the top menu bar.
- Scroll down to the Clubhouse App and tap Update.
- Go to the Google Play Store.
- Search Clubhouse in the search bar.
- Tap the Update button.
5. Disable VPN
Are you trying to log in to Clubhouse when VPN connected? I’m not sure, but if VPN is not providing stable internet connectivity to the device, Clubhouse could not allow you to log in. In simple words, the internet connection while login into Clubhouse must be stable. And another reason is VPN tries to mask your original IP Address; that could be another reason why you are unable to login to the Clubhouse app.
For some time, turn off the VPN on your phone and then give it a try.
- Navigate to the Settings app.
- Turn Off VPN.
- Go to the Settings app.
- Tap Network & Internet.
- Tap VPN and disable VPN Toggle it.
6. Switch to Cellular Data or Wi-Fi
If you’re using Wi-Fi, then switch to Cellular data. There are some cases where the Wi-Fi faces problems while running the apps, even though YouTube is working fine over Wi-Fi connection, but the Facebook, Instagram, or other apps won’t load the new data.
With Cellular Data, this type of error is less expected, and that’s why we’re recommending you to try using Cellular Data instead of Wi-Fi while login into Clubhouse. Get here fix Clubhouse only work on Wi-Fi
7. Reset Network Settinga
Reset Network Settings Fix the issue related to network settings, Fix it by simply Go with the Reset Network settings option, Without Reset any Other data like Contacts, Photos, Apps, and Other Data.
For iOS 15 and later users (Steps to Reset network settings) –
- Settings – General – Transfer & Reset iPhone – Reset – Reset Network Settings.
For iOS 14 and Earlier on iPhone:-
- Open Settings app > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
- Open Settings app > General Management or Systems, According to Android Device and Version > Reset or Reset Options > Reset Network Settings > Confirm Reset.
8. Troubleshoot Internet Connection Issues
Can you use other apps like Facebook, Instagram? Have you tested the Internet Speed? Is Google or Safari browser working with the connected Internet? All these things will clarify whether it’s a network problem or glitch from Clubhouse’s side.
- First of all, open the Safari App or Chrome or any web browser and search for anything. If you see results on the web page, that means an internet connection is fine and not to be blamed.
- Do the same testing with other apps like Facebook, YouTube, Snapchat, Instagram, Telegram, or any other. If the messages are going and receiving like water, then the internet is clearly working.
- Test Internet Speed on Fast.com is a platform that shows you real-time internet speed.
9. Reboot Wi-Fi Router/Modem
Everything is aligned but still unable to login to the Clubhouse app? Try restarting the Wi-Fi router. Just unplug the power adapter of the Router and wait for few seconds; after that, plug it back in. Let the router reboot completely, wait for 2 to 3 minutes, and connect the phone to the same network.
10. Restart Your Phone
Did nothing work? Till now, we’ve tried all possible workarounds to troubleshoot the Clubhouse App. What if the problem is with your device, not the Clubhouse app? In this case, kindly restart the device to bug out the errors and let the device boots completely.
iPhone X, 11, or 12/ iPhone 13 Series:
- Press and hold any Volume button and Side button until the Power Off Sliders shows up.
- Drag Slider to the animated direction and let the device turn off.
- And then, after a minute, press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears.
iPhone SE (2nd Generation), 8, 7, 6, SE, 5:
- Press and hold the Side button/Top button until the power off slider appears and drag the slider to power the device off.
- To turn on the iPhone, press and hold the side button until the Apple logo shows up.
- Press and hold the Lock/Unlock button and tap on the Power Off option.
- To turn on the phone, press and hold the lock/unlock button to turn it on.
11. Reinstall Clubhouse App
Deleting and Reinstalling the Clubhouse App is our last suggestion to fix the Clubhouse login not working. Doing this will remove all the supportive files and data from your device, and after installing it again, everything will be new. Since your data is stored on servers, it won’t affect you.
Here’s how to delete the Clubhouse App,
- Locate the Clubhouse app on the iPhone home screen.
- Touch and hold the Clubhouse app icon until the option appears.
- Tap on Remove App.
- Unlock the device and tap on the App Tray button.
- Find the Clubhouse App.
- Touch and hold the Clubhouse App and Delete it.
Restart the device and navigate to the respective App Store or Play Store to download the Clubhouse App again.
in case of none of the above solutions worked, then here you can get how to Clubhouse app Contact Support.