Last Updated on Nov 15, 2022
Not receiving clubhouse verification code? Clubhouse saying unsupported phone number? Or receiving Unable to sign in, please try again later? These are the errors reported while entering the Verification code to sign in to the Clubhouse app. If it is your device’s issue, then trying a few tricks would resolve the problem as it does for other users, too; else, you’ll have to wait and try every day to get access to the Clubhouse app.
Some recommend getting a new invite, changing the phone number, Wrong iPhone Settings, Service Outage, etc., but to some extent, and if you can do it, then it’s in your best interest. Nevertheless, here are a few solutions to fix the problem.
Clubhouse verification code Not Receiving: Here’s a Fix
1. Make Sure your SIM is activated
Why do Dual SIM [e-SIM] iPhone users can’t get message notifications? To Receive Message updates or Use Cellular Data, Phone calls, and all other services, your SIM must be activated under the Cellular Data settings. Follow the below steps,
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and Tap on Cellular.
- Under Cellular Plans > Keep “On” > Tap on Company name > Enable Toggle “Turn on this line” That’s it.
Now, you will be able to receive pending message or Upcoming messages as well.
2. Check “All Messages” In Messages app
Re-check all messages in iPhone Messages app. Messages app on iPhone can Filter with Known senders, Unknown Senders, Transaction, and Promotion, and Junk’s last option. By Default, your Message app showing any filter, then go back and see all Messages options to check all the latest New messages on your iPhone.
- Open Messages app > Go to Back icon > Tap on All Messages and Find Your Clubhouse verification code.
- Pull down to see the Search box, and Search with “Clubhouse”. here’s All result.
Sometimes user’s get a Verification message but can’t login in to Clubhouse app.
3. Force Restart Device
Start troubleshooting the phone by force restarting the device. Not receiving a verification code from Clubhouse could be due to your device’s fault; the codes might be stuck in between. Depending on the smartphone model, perform a force restart.
For iPhone 8 or later:
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
- Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
- Press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears.
For iPhone 7, 7Plus:
- Press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons until the Apple logo appears.
For iPhone 6S, 6SPlus, or Earlier:
- Press and hold the Home button and Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo displays.
- Press and hold the Power button and select the Power Off option.
- To restart the device, again press and hold the Power button.
4. Try Sending Yourself a Text Message from an Alternate Number
Are you receiving Text Messages or clubhouse verification code from any other apps? This will sort things out for you; contacting the Carrier would be the best option if you’re not receiving any messages from other apps or anywhere.
If you have an alternate phone, try sending yourself a text message; if it is working, then jump to the next solution; it doesn’t seem to have an error from the carrier’s end.
3. Did you Sign Up with the Same Number?
Since the Clubhouse is an invite-based app, someone has sent you the signup invite to join the Clubhouse app. Your friend or someone has sent an invite to a specific number, and during the signup, you’ll mandatorily use the same number.
Therefore, make sure the Clubhouse number during the signup is the same as the number you’ve got a Clubhouse invite. Otherwise, that invite is not worthy.
5. Make Sure Do Not Disturb is Turned Off
The Do Not Disturb mode disables all cellular and other services like sending Text Messages, Phone Calls, Notifications from various apps, and all kinds of things that could disturb you. In Do Not Disturb mode, the notifications go off, but of course, you’ll receive messages, phone calls, etc., but in this case, we can’t take a single chance. Therefore, make sure to turn off the Do Not Disturb mode off.
- Navigate to the Settings app.
- Tap on Do Not Disturb.
- Make sure the Do Not Disturb switch is turned off.
- Go to the Settings app.
- Tap on Connections or search Flight Mode or Do Not Disturb Mode.
- Disable Do Not Disturb Mode.
6. Update Clubhouse App
Is the Clubhouse App up to date? If not, then connect the device to Wi-Fi and get it updated. Frequently, the newer updates bring bug fixes and make the app stable.
- Go to the App Store.
- Tap on the upper-right profile icon.
- Scroll down and find the Clubhouse app.
- Tap the Update button, if available.
- Go to the Google Play.
- Search Clubhouse App and Update it.
7. Reset Network Settings
If your iPhone or Android has network-related problems, then resetting the network settings might help you here. Over time, the setting got corrupted and could affect the basic functionality of the phone. However, resetting network settings will reset Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, VPN, APN, and network settings. But there is nothing to worry about because all of your data, including pictures, videos, etc., is safe.
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap General.
- Scroll the screen till the end, now click Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Tap Reset
- Click Reset Network Settings.
- Enter your iPhone Passcode if asked and confirm Reset.
- This will delete all network settings, returning them to factory defaults. Choose Reset Network settings.
Note: This will erase your Wi-Fi network password to your Phone, so please carry your Internet service provider (router Wi-fi password) on hand. Cause of you will have to re-enter your wi-fi password to your iPhone to reconnect Wi-fi.
- Open Settings app.
- Tap General management or System.
- Tap Reset.
- Select Reset network settings.
- When asked, confirm reset network settings.
8. This Could Work (Ask To Send Invite)
One of the reddit users has mentioned a trick that worked for a few users positively. The person who sent you the Invite asks him/her to remove all the information and contact number that is stored on their phone and resend the invite.
This sounds weird and might not be possible for you if the person is not your close friend or colleague, but give it a try and let’s see how it goes for you.
9. Keep on Trying Until Clubhouse Says Let’s Try Phone Call
The clubhouse also gives a facility to provide the verification code on Phone Calls for the users who don’t get the verification code, but this won’t be easy as it sounds. You’ll have to constantly try to get the verification code until the Clubhouse itself says Let’s Try Phone Call.
Once you receive the phone call, carefully note down the Verification Code and enter it into the Clubhouse App to get full access to it.
9. Reinstall Clubhouse App
To rule out all the files associated with the Clubhouse App, uninstalling it completely and reinstalling it is the last solution you can try right now. After uninstalling the app, give a phone a fresh restart and then install the Clubhouse app from the App Store or Google Play Store.
To delete from iPhone:
- Locate the Clubhouse App on the iPhone home screen.
- Touch and hold the Clubhouse app and select Remove App.
To delete from Android:
- Touch and hold the Clubhouse app and tap Remove App/Delete.
11. Problem with Telco Provider
Ask your Carrier Provider about the service outage, Company support center only will help you to check issues with your account. If there is any pending bill, Inactive Service and more.
12. Contact Clubhouse
New and Existing clubhouse users can get Clubhouse app support help on any Technical issue. Here are alternate ways to connect and Find solutions from the direct Clubhouse support team. Ticket-based Support is very confident, and You must get a satisfactory response. But sometimes it will take time depending on the rush.
Thanks for Visiting! Share your experience with us in a comment, if you are getting another Clubhouse app issue that’s not related to.