Last Updated on Apr 24, 2021
Your Software Update fille download won’t start on Mobile data or Cellular Data plan, Apple restricted iOS download file over the air only with WiFi connection. Apple doesn’t allow downloading new iOS updates while Mobile Data is turned on. But here’s the trick that works for you.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
A helpful solution for the Q&A: Start ‘Download iOS 14.5 Without WiFi and iTunes’, ‘Download iOS With Cellular Data‘ or ‘Download the latest iOS Using Mobile Data‘. Learn Exact tricks to ‘iOS iPhone Software Update download‘.
Basically, we have two alternative ways that helpful for all iOS device users.
- Using Cellular/ Mobile Data – Over The Air – (Use Other Mobiles’ Mobile Data)
- Using iTunes
Find the Ways to Download and Install Software Update on iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch
Quick and Short Tricks to Download iOS over the air
Connect iTunes and get update our iOS device is such a lengthy task. That most of the iPhone users are ignoring at first. If he/she is unable to get an update or download iOS then software Update on iTunes is necessary.
Have you no WiFi? Mobile data is an option to use to update iOS. Find the other device (Smartphone mobile or iPhone), Turn on Personal Hotspot, and create your personal WiFi network for update iOS on other devices.
- To turn on Personal Hotspot on iOS: Settings > Personal Hotspot > Enable Personal Hotspot. For Android mobile, Turn on Personal Hotspot on Android settings.
- Find the Hotspot connection on Primary Device under the WiFi option.
Now you are on WiFi or Personal Hotspot WiFi, Go to Settings > General > Software Update (Check for update)
Be patient while downloading in progress because it will take time to download GBs data and install after that automatically (Once you allow starting installing).
Option 2: Software Update iOS/iPadOS using iTunes/Finder
- Updated Version of iTunes or macOS on your Mac or PC, Fast Internet connection
- Lightning Cable
- macOS Catalina or Later MacOS user can use Finder on Mac to Update iPhone/iPad. macOS Mojave and Earlier MacOS user can use iTunes on Mac to Update iPhone/iPad. Windows users can use iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone to iTunes/Finder via lightning cable on Mac/PC.
- Go to Device icon at the top on iTunes, Click on Device name from finder sidebar, Next find the Summary option for the device details.
- Click on Check for Update. The available software will be installed on your device model after downloading it on iTunes.
You can install iOS betas before public release on your iPhone, iPad. And it will available after 2 months approximately.