Last Updated on Jul 13, 2021
When it comes to iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple ID plays a crucial role; without having access to the Apple ID and Password, the Apple device might get locked, and that needs a password to unlock it. The newer updates on iPhone, iPad, and Mac, made so many improvements, and one of them is adding recovery contact in case if you want to reset the Apple ID Password. You can add trusted contacts that could help you to recover your Apple ID Password; consider it as an emergency contact or Best Apple ID Account Recovery method After the Apple ID Account Recovery key.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
We all know with Apple ID, all of our Apple devices are bound and connected; we can easily access the Apple Services across devices signed in with the same Apple ID. Therefore, make sure iPhone, Mac, iPad, Apple Watch, and whatever device you have are signed in with the same Apple ID.
How to Add and Change Account Details on Mac and iPhone
Since it’s a new feature, all the Apple devices for which you’re planning to use this facility are up to date and running the latest version. iPhone iOS 15 or newer, iPad iPadOS 15 or newer, Apple Watch watchOS 8 or later, and Mac macOS 12 or newer.
- Click on Apple logo from Top Mac Menu > System Preferences.
- Next, Click on Apple ID.
- Select “Password & Security” > “Edit“.
- Click on Edit next to Account Recovery > Click on Plus (+) icon to Add Recovery Contacts. [Recovery key is Also option for Activate Disabled Apple ID or Locked Apple ID account]. Also Setup Account Recovery key explained here.
- Enter your mac login password to verify and start setup.
- Click on Add new contact.
- Continue to send Text message.
- Then, Click on Send Now,
- Click on Done to save.
- That’s it.
- Go to the Settings app on iPhone.
- Tap on your profile name banner.
- Find and select Password & Security.
- Tap Account Recovery.
- Tap Add Recovery Contact.
- Choose Add Recovery Contact when a pop-up shows up.
- If asked, unlock your iPhone, either by entering Passcode or Touch ID/Face ID.
- Enter the Apple ID password and follow the on-screen instructions to add the account recovery contact on iPhone.
Tips: Also Create an Account Recovery Key to Recover your Apple ID account.
Furthermore, whatever contact you’re adding as a Recovery Contact needs to grant permission for the same, that you can use the contact as your recovery contact. Stay tuned with the article; we’ll update the article with detailed steps for it.