Table of Contents Show
- 1. Check for Update Zoom on Mac, Windows & Linux
- 2. Check for Update Zoom on iPhone & Android.
- 3. How to Download Zoom add-in for Outlook?
- 4. How to check the zoom version On Mac & Windows?
- 5. How to check the zoom version on iPhone & Android?
- 6. Zoom app not making changes after the update? Troubleshooting
- 7. What is the latest Zoom update?
- 8. What is in the Next Zoom update?
- How do I know which version of Zoom I currently have?
Zoom is one of the world’s leading online conferencing and meeting web portals that have helped many people during the tough times of the pandemic. With tons of unique and useful features, zoom is the perfect solution for office meetings, college or school lectures, communicating with friends and family, etc. However, if not updated, the software or application may be a bit glitchy, leading to problems like connecting to a session, audio lags, and even distorted video.
To fix this problem, we have researched and put together some of the best ways using which you can administer whether your Zoom app has been updated in MacBooks, Windows, and even smartphones. So, let’s jump into it without more ado.
1. Check for Update Zoom on Mac, Windows & Linux
After logging into your zoom account on the Mac, Windows, and Linux computers, the application will automatically show a notification regarding the optional or mandatory update available for your desktop. If you don’t receive this pop-up and want to check for updates manually, follow these simple steps to update the software after installing the zoom client.
Step. 1→ On your desktop, open the zoom software.
Step. 2→ Then, log into your zoom account by filling out the login details.
Step. 3→ At the right corner on the top of your screen, you will see your profile picture. Click on it.
Step. 4→ From the list of options on the drop-down menu, select check for updates.
Once you have successfully taken account of these steps, the zoom will automatically look for the updates available for your computer or laptop and install them. If you are still facing a problem updating the Zoom app, you can download the latest version by visiting the Zoom.us website and clicking on download.
2. Check for Update Zoom on iPhone & Android.
The process of updating the Zoom app on your iPhone or Android device is much more straightforward. On opening or signing into your zoom account, you will receive a notification reminder whenever a new update is available. For this method, you need to have the zoom application installed in your smartphone on a prior basis.
Step. 1→ In your smartphone, open the App Store (for iPhone) or the PlayStore (for Android).
Step. 2→ Then, click on your profile and select the option labeled as Apps and games. or Search Zoom app directly in the search box, see the Pending update if any, Click on Update button to start to download the new app update.
Step. 3→ After doing that, click on check for updates.
Step. 4→ From the list of all the available app updates, click on zoom and update it.
After following these basic and simple steps, you will be able to download and install the latest version of the zoom software on your iPhone or Android smartphone.
3. How to Download Zoom add-in for Outlook?
If you don’t want to install the zoom client on your device and still want to use it, then you can add zoom as a plugin in your Microsoft Outlook. Follow the steps described below to download the zoom add-in for Outlook.
Step. 1→ Open the web browser on the device you want to download the zoom add-in.
Step. 2→ Visit the zoom.us/download website.
→ mac users can get Zoom Outlook Add-In from the Download option, Download Package, and install on your MacOS. or Download from ADD-INS FOR OUTLOOK store.
- Open Office Outlook on Mac, Select Inbox from the left side of the window if added multiple accounts.
- Next, Click on the More option from the header > Click on the Get Add-Ins option.
- Search Zoom for Office, and Download the Add-in to your Outlook.
- That’s it.
Step. 3→ Look for the header “Zoom add-in for Outlook” and click on the download button below it.
This procedure will automatically download and install the zoom add-in for your Microsoft Outlook, and you can access it from the Outlook toolbar to schedule or start a session with just a single click.
4. How to check the zoom version On Mac & Windows?
To check which version of zoom client you are currently using, you need to stick with the following steps for easy and quick validation.
Step. 1→ On your computer or MacBook, open the Zoom app.
Step. 2→ From the menu at the top of the screen, select “About Zoom.”
Step. 3→ A pop-up menu will be visible to you on which you can check the current version of zoom installed on your device.
This is the best and most convenient way to get all the necessary information about the zoom version on Mac and Windows.
5. How to check the zoom version on iPhone & Android?
Checking the current version of your zoom app is essential as it gives you a gist about the reasons why your application is glitching. Take note of the following steps to check the zoom version on iPhone and Android.
Step. 1→ In your iPhone, launch the Settings app.
Step. 2→ Then click on general and select iPhone storage.
Step. 3→ After that, scroll down until you find the Zoom App.
Step. 4→ Click on it and check the version of the installed application.
This method will provide you with ample data about the current version of zoom software installed on your smartphone.
6. Zoom app not making changes after the update? Troubleshooting
Even after an update, some users might face difficulty in using the app due to some bugs or malware. We suggest you follow the methods mentioned below for the best results to tackle this problem.
- If you have the zoom app running, then force quit or force shut down it. Then restart the application.
- If the problem with your app still persists, try restarting your device and then open the zoom client again.
- If the previous troubleshooting method does not work, try reinstalling the software on your iPhone, Mac, or Android device.
- Some updates are region-specific or Geo-location oriented and might not have been available for your region. This might cause a serious malfunction of the app, and you should wait for the update to be available in your region as it might be in the rolling out stage.
If you have tried all of these methods and still face issues with the client, then try contacting zoom customer support for further assistance.
7. What is the latest Zoom update?
The Zoom client tries to fix the issues faced by the customers by releasing a new update every now and then to deliver a smoother and better user experience. As of now, the latest zoom update was released on 25th January 2022, which resolved a lot of issues like the problem where the participants were unable to hear the audio through the devices connected by the Network device interface, minor bug fixes, various other security upgrades for MacBook, Windows and even the iPad and many more. To get more information about the latest zoom updates, head to the Zoom website and check for yourself.
8. What is in the Next Zoom update?
All the previous and upcoming zoom updates are listed on the Zoom website. There are two major updates planned to release by the end of January 2022 to help deliver a better user experience that is free from bugs and glitches. To keep yourself informed about the future zoom updates, keep checking the site to get an insight into the changes or upgrades.
We hope that through this article, we might have resolved all of your doubts and queries regarding “How do I know if my Zoom has been updated” and helped in making your life a bit easier. So to get the best-in-class zoom experience, update your client using any of the methods mentioned above.
How do I know which version of Zoom I currently have?
→ To check the currently installed zoom version on your device, follow the steps prescribed in method four and method five according to the device in the discussion.