Unable to download new iOS on your iPhone for OTA update, Download status showing Update requested. And continue appearing this message. This is the usual stage before download starts, but technically apple set this message because of getting little more wait for the device that is requesting for New iOS download under Software update on iPhone, iPad settings app. Why iPhone showing “Update stuck at update requested..” Message or ios update stuck on estimating time remaining? New iOS always release WorldWide at the same time. Apparently, Apple server receives vast spike and update request in the parallel queue. After confirming the terms and Conditions agree then Your OTA (over-the-air) iOS updates stuck at update requested.
It’s a common problem on the day of release. iOS 13 compatible Device: iPhone XS Max, XS, XR,X, 8, 8 Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
So can’t download iOS on your iDevice (iPhone, iPad and iPod touch). So here’s what should you do to get rid of phone stuck or in a loop on update requested – Unable to start download iOS.
Reasons to be considered and fix Update Stuck at update requested…, in iOS: iPhone, iPad
Make sure the latest iOS version is (iOS 13) released with the latest features.
Solution #1: Wi-Fi not Working or Slow Internet Speed
Disable or Enable WiFi on iPhone from Settings or Control center (Swipe up finger on Screen and Tap on WiFi icon). Or Go to the Settings > WiFi.
Solution #2: Hard Reset Your Apple iPhone
For iPhone 8 Plus/8 Plus/ iPhone X/ XS Max/ XS/ XR users: [You can also watch a video given below]
- Press and Quickly Release Volume Up button,
- Next, Press and Quickly Release Volume Down Button,
- After that, only Press and Hold Side Button until you see the Apple logo on iPhone Screen. To Start the iPhone, Again press Side button until the startup apple logo on the screen.
- For iPhone 7/iPhone 7 Plus users: Press and Hold Sleep/Wake + Volume down button at the same time until appearing Apple logo
- For Hard Reset (iPhone 6S/6S Plus and Earlier model): Press and Hold Sleep/Wake button and Home button for 20 seconds until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
Solution #3. You Should Delete The Software Update
In case of you hard reset your Apple iPhone and unluckily it still gets stuck on Update Requested, then follow my steps to delete software update
- Step #1. Open up Settings App
- Step #2. Tap General
- Step #3. Tap iPhone Storage and next delete the iOS update from your iPhone. hope, on your phone screen, the update will appear on this menu as the version of the software update.
- Step #4. Tap Software update [iOS 13 Beta..], and then tap Delete Update.
Now go back to open up Settings App -> Tap General -> Tap Software Update and try to download and install the update again.
Solution 4: Do Software Update Using iTunes on Mac and PC
In your Region, Apple Server is too busy and Overloaded. try to install new software update using iTunes on Mac/PC. Here are the simple steps to install New Software Update iOS 13 on iPhone.
- Open iTunes on Mac/PC.
- Connect your iPhone to Mac/PC using original lightning cable.
- Now Unlock the device and Pair iPhone successfully with Mac/PC. So allow trust on the device when the popup appears on the iPhone screen.
- Next, click on the iPhone icon on the iTunes window. this will open the iPhone summary page,
- On iPhone summary, you will find two buttons for update and restore.
- Go with the Update iPhone button. So iTunes will download the latest iOS update first on Mac/PC. after installation will start automatically.
- Complete the installation and wait for it.
Solution #5. Perform DFU Restore
- Some of the reddit users say that iPhone gets stuck on Update Requested, they got solved with performing a DFU restore,
- in this process, it will erase and reload all the data on your iPhone and update it to the latest version of iOS.
- if you have no idea how to do that, don’t worry, try out this complete guide to DFU restores to learn how to put your Apple iPhone into DFU mode!
Solution #6: iOS 13 Software Update Failed
Anyhow, Download not started and irritating the things that are happening on install iOS 13 Try alternate installation solution, Install iOS using iTunes on iPhone, iPad. Or Try clean install by Download Latest Firmware for iPhone ipsw, iPad ipsw or iPod Touch ipsw.
Connect your iPhone to iTunes via lightning cable, Put iPhone into DFU mode and Browse .ipsw file and restore iPhone. Also Gettings error on installation,
- Stuck on verifying the update
- Software update failed
- After Download iOS, Unable to install iOS on iPhone
- Stuck on Apple logo
- My iPhone won’t turn on or Charge After Update
- Cannot connect app store to iOS
Sit back and enjoy! It will faster than OTA update, and without any error, we can install iOS 13 or later iOS version.
More help and discussion about iOS 13 update Stuck at update requested, please comment on below.