Last Updated on May 17, 2022
If you have trouble finding nearby WiFi networks on Mac at the office or home then follow this guide and fix the issue related to scanning all nearby wifi signals. and Connect quickly to the internet over an internet connection that might be secure, Publick or Hotspot connection. Recently many mac users reported, My Mac stopped Seeing my wi-fi network after macOS Monterey Update & From Big Sur Update.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Run mac wireless diagnostics on your system and check the below troubleshooting solutions for Network or in your MacOS.
1. Primary Checks
Make sure and double-check the blow points that are the most common faults and problems.
- Restart your Router and Restart your Mac.
- Disable VPN on Mac if installed.
- Check on Different devices, Do a speed test on fast.com by Netflix.
2. Reset WiFi Network PLIST File
PLIST file is a system default file that is autogenerated by macOS and store User’s settings. Sometimes there are some difficulties in PLIST files. Find and Delete WiFi PLIST file from finder using Below steps,
- Open Finder on Mac, From top Mac Menu Go > Go to Folder.
- And Enter the below command: /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/
- Find the below files and Delete those files.
Restart your Mac and check the issue is fixed or not.
3. Wireless Diagnose
Run the automatic Wireless diagnosis and pass all checks from system settings, Issues, and Network issues. Follow the below steps for Run Wireless Diagnose on your Mac.
- Press and Hold on Options Key from the keyboard and click on the Wireless WiFi icon from the top mac menu.
- Click on Open Wireless Diagnoses and Follow the on-screen setup. Continue and check itself.
If nothing is found then follow the next solutions.
4. Recognize New Networks
remove the old WiFi network from WiFi Network preferences and reconnect the new one if your Mac won’t able to scan new Network or slowly found. Follow the below steps to remove the WiFi network from the list and add a new one manually.
- Go to the Apple Logo from the top Mac menu > System Preferences.
- Click on Network.
- Click on Advanced Option.
- Select WiFi Network name or Select using Command + A and Click on [-] to remove from the list.
- Click on Ok to save. and Again Check the WiFi list is showing or not.
- Or Click on Plus Sign to Add New network Manually.
- Enter WiFi name and Password and Click on Ok to join.
Everything is fine, still, your Mac unable to find the new WiFi then check the below solutions.
5. Disable or Uninstall Antivirus
McAfee Antivirus users reported the WiFi is conflicting when Antivirus protection is on. So keep your Antivirus Updated with the latest version if you must need it. or Remove/Uninstall Antivirus software from Mac.
Now, Test the WiFi issue on Mac, is it fixed?
6. IP conflict
“MBP suddenly can’t find any more Wi-Fi networks or Slow down and Error on Webpage”.
IP conflict with another device that’s joined on the same WiFi connection or Through an Ethernet connection in LAN.
To figure out and identify the problem, I’m recommending changing your WiFi network password, this will Disconnect the WiFi network from all the devices and Try only with your Mac.
Or Manually check paired devices on the same WiFi network and Turn off each of them one by one and check you could able to join the WiFi network or not.
7. Start Your Mac in Safe Mode
Safe Mode on Mac determines the software issue when turn on your Mac. The safe mode process is different for intel and Apple Silicon M1 Mac. first, identify if you don’t know. and follow the below steps,
- Shut down your mac, wait for 20 seconds. Press and Hold on the Power button [Touch ID Button] until you see the apple Startup volumes and Options. Now, Select Startup volume continue. Next Press and Hold on the Shift key from the keyboard and click on continue in safe mode.
Log in to your Mac and check the issue is fixed or not.
- Shut down your Mac, After 20 seconds, Turn on your Mac.
- immediately press and hold the shift key until you see the Login Screen. The safe mode label will appear at the top right corner of the screen.
Check the WiFi is working correctly. if not!
WiFi is not working in Safe mode. Repair or Reinstall macOS from scratch and fix all the internal bugs without touch the data saved on your Mac.
8. Reinstall MacOS
Reinstall the MacOS procedure is not too long. But you have to follow safely with Take a full Mac Backup first with a time machine.
also, check out these fixes on WiFi is connected but no Internet on your Mac.
9. Apple Support
Apple will definitely hope for your Mac wifi issue, Some affected Mac models can cause hardware issues. If your mac is under warranty [Check Apple Warranty status online] and needs any assistance with free repair/Replacement then contact apple support or Book Appointment online at Genius bar.