Wants to install new iOS update on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, but you are not alone that facing issue with Download and Install grayed out on iPhone running old iOS version. Find your stage and set the below settings to install the latest iOS version all time.
Next to the Download iOS complete on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. You will get install now button in Settings, Software Update. “Install now grayed out”. Let’s discussed all the things what should I have to do for instantly start Download and install new iOS version on iPhone, iPad.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Try this tips on iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone X/ iPhone 8 Plus/ iPhone 8/ iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6S/6, iPhone 6 Plus/ iPhone 5S and iPad/ iPod Touch.
Fix Download and Install Grayed Out on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
Solution 1: Requirements to Start Download Software Update on iPhone/iPad
- iPhone/iPad must be charged at least 50% or more. If not enough battery [Check Battery Percentage on iPhone, iPad], then keep your iPhone/iPad connected with Power Source using Original Apple lightning cable – Power Adapter to Charge quickly and start download as soon as possible.
- Your iPhone/iPad has an active WiFi connection, We can’t update on Mobile or Cellular Data plan. Try This Trick (Download Software Update on iPhone/iPad Without WiFi) to Use Another device personal hotspot and Turn on WiFi if your Office/Home wifi is not turn on.
Apple helps to save millions of cost from data usage used in software update via the cellular network. So apple Disable and grayed out Download and install button on iPhone Settings app while WiFi is turned off and Cellular data option is turned on.
Turn on WiFi to Start Download and install iOS on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch from the control center.
- Or From the iPhone Settings app. Go to the Settings app > WiFi > Turn on WiFi.
- Again Check Software Update from Settings, Go to the Settings > General > Software Update.
Tap on Download and install to start “Downloading process”. And Wait for complete it.
Solution2: Everyting is Fine, iPhone/iPad Screen Stuck on Software Update Screen
Hard Reboot your iPhone, iPad and Try after that. Know your iPhone model and follow the below way to hard reboot your iPhone/iPad.
- iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS (Max), iPhone 11 (Pro Max), iPhone 8 (Plus): Quickly Press and Release Volume up and Volume down button on your iPhone, Now Only Press and Hold on iPhone Side Power button until your iPhone screen show apple logo and black screen. Use Side Power button only to turn on back. [press and hold on it]
- iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus: Press and Hold Volume Up Button and Volume Down button unitl iPhone screen show black screen after apple logo.
- iPhone 6S/6S Plus, iPhone 6 (Plus): Press and Hold Side Power button and Home button until iPhone screen show black screen after apple logo.
You iPhone has not enough battery backup; New iOS software Installation must be required More than 50% battery.
Connect your iPhone to lightning cable and you will get the clickable button for “Install Now”.
That’s it. Enjoy new software update features and get new iOS tips and tricks from here. Subscribe our Youtube channel to get daily does.
Jaysukh Patel is the founder of howtoisolve. Also self Professional Developer, Techno lover mainly for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and iOS, Jaysukh is one of responsible person in his family.
Contact On: [email protected] [OR] [email protected]