Last Updated on Oct 29, 2021
Is your iOS 15 iPhone software update stuck on install now, or iPhone software update install now spinning? Follow this tutorial. Wants to install a new iOS update on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, but you are not alone facing Download and Install grayed out on iPhone running old iOS version. So find your stage and set the below settings to install the latest iOS version all the time.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Next to the Download iOS complete on iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. You will get the install now button in Settings, Software Update. “Install now grayed out.” But, when I click download and install, nothing happens. So, let’s discuss all the things that I should have to do to instantly start downloading and installing a new iOS version on iPhone, iPad.
Fix Download and Install Button Grayed Out on iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
Try this tips on iPhone 13 (Pro Max) Mini, iPhone 12 series, 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone X/ iPhone 8 Plus/ iPhone 8/ iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6S/6, iPhone 6 Plus/ iPhone 5S and iPad/ iPod Touch.
Fix iOS 15 Install Problems- What to do if iPhone is stuck on install now?
Solution 1: Requirements to Start Download Software Update on iPhone/iPad
- Plug your iPhone to USB/lightning cable to my Mac or Power Socket: iPhone/iPad must be charged at least 50% or more. [Some Updated Required 20% at least to start installation after Your device is connected with power source] If not enough battery [Check Battery Percentage on iPhone, iPad],
- keep your iPhone/iPad connected with Power Source using the Original Apple lightning cable – Power Adapter to Charge quickly and start the download as soon as possible.
- We can’t update on the Mobile or Cellular Data plan. Try This Trick (Download Software Update on iPhone/iPad Without WiFi) to Use Another device personal hotspot and Turn on WiFi if your Office/Home wifi is not turn on.
Apple helps to save millions of costs from data usage used in software updates via the cellular network. So apple Disable and grayed out Download and install button on iPhone Settings app while WiFi is turned off and the Cellular data option is turned on.
Turn on WiFi to Start Download and install iOS on iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch from the control center.
- Or From the iPhone Settings app. Go to the Settings app > WiFi > Turn on WiFi.
- Again Check Software Update from Settings, Go to the Settings > General > Software Update.
Tap on Download and install to start the “Downloading process.” And Wait to complete it.
Solution 2: Everything is Fine, iPhone/iPad Screen Stuck on Software Update Screen
Hard Reboot your iPhone, iPad, and Try after that. Know your iPhone model and follow the below way to hard reboot your iPhone/iPad.
- iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS (Max), iPhone 11 (Pro Max), iPhone 8 (Plus): Quickly Press and Release Volume up and Volume down button on your iPhone, Now Only Press and Hold on iPhone Side Power button until your iPhone screen show apple logo after the black screen. Wait for turn on back.
- iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus: Press and Hold Volume Up Button and Volume Down button until the iPhone screen shows a black screen after the apple logo.
- iPhone 6S/6S Plus, iPhone 6 (Plus): Press and Hold the Side-Power button and Home button until the iPhone screen shows a black screen after the apple logo.
Now “Install Now” Grayed out; what Should I have to do? Why is my install now GREY iOS 14?
Your iPhone has not enough battery backup; New iOS software Installation must require more than 50% battery.
Connect your iPhone to a lightning cable, and you will get the clickable button for “Install Now.”
- Install Now Button is Grayed Out
- First, Hard Reboot your iPhone.
- Not Enough Space or Re-Download Software after Delete old iOS/iPadOS Update file from Device Storage option. Settings > General > iPhone Storage > Find iOS File > Delete Update
- Go Back to Settings > General > Software Update > Download Latest Software Update and install.
Alternate Method For Update Software Via Cable
macOS Catalina or the latest macOS users can use Finder instead of iTunes Because Apple Removed iTunes officially. Earlier macOS and Windows users can use iTunes to update iOS/iPadOS.
- Connect your iPhone/iPad to Mac/PC via USB Cable.
- Next, Unlock your Device with Passcode and Allow to Access Apple Device on Mac/PC [Tap on Trust option on iPhone Screen, if Show].
- Your Device will appear on Finder Sidebar/At the top on iTunes, click on it, and See Device Summary page.
- Click on Update iPhone, That’s it.
None of the Techniques work, and you are tired from all the help, then schedule your appointment and get free assistance with the Apple Genious bar. Before that, we can set schedule Appointments at the Apple Genious bar or Report in Apple Directly.
That’s it. Enjoy new software update features and get new iOS tips and tricks from here. Subscribe our Youtube channel to get daily does.