Is iOS Email notification not working on your iPhone/ iPad? Get here all feasible solutions. Find out where are the problems in your installed latest iOS/iPadOS. Multiple customized settings helpful on Disable/ Enable email notifications with different notification tones to get quickly identify which mail account inbox got new Mails. Users are keeping it disabled, but we can enable email notifications for selected critical accounts and Mails. Follow the below troubleshooting the fix all kinds of mail Notifications issues from your iPhone, iPad.
Also, check out the settings for Change lock screen Mail notifications Appearance, Sound and Customize for the Selected mail account.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Get Here – Fix Mail App Not Working on iPhone
Email Notification Not Working: Not Getting Emails on iPhone/ iPad
1. Push Mail Not Working in iCloud or Third-Party account: Get it on Time
Anyhow you didn’t get Mails in your email inbox. There are two types of fetch conditions we can set in iPhone/ iPad mail settings. First is the auto push and the second is Fetch.
- The Push works itself, and get alerted and notification (i enabled) in your iPhone Mail app. iOS users ignoring these features because of saving battery life.
- Fetch: Fetch is manually process to get new mail from the server and copy into your iPhone/ iPad. Every time we need to carry for reading new mail, by slide finger down on the mail app inbox.
Change New Email Push and Fetch From Settings on iPhone Mail App
- Open Settings App On iPhone.
- Now, Scroll to Accounts & Password Option.
- Scroll to Last “Fetch New Data“. Next screen Scroll and Find all Email account added on your iPhone or iPad. Now We can manage Notification individual account. Here’s my iCloud account. Tap on the account name and Change the Mail Notification type [Push notification will receive your iPhone as of your Mail server send But the Fetch option will help to check your iPhone on Mail Server through manual request.].
- That’s it.
Setup Fetch Mail on iPhone for New mail
Enable Fetch for all mail, Before enabling this option make sure this option will consume more battery because your device check on the mail server periodically as you set the option under the Fetch section. Fetch will only work if the Push option is disabled. See the below image, Turn off Push Toggle and Select the Fetch settings.
- Settings app on iPhone/iPad > Accounts & Passwords > Scroll to Fetch New Data > Turn off the Toggle Push.
- See Fetch Section and Select the time for Automatically, Manually, Hourly, Every 30 Minutes, Every 15 Minutes.
2. Remove Email account and Add account Back in iOS Mail app
Login credentials changed on other systems or using the Mail Web account. Or maybe SMTP Mail server details changed. Update it by completely remove the existing account.
- Go to the Settings app > Passwords & Accounts > Tap on an Individual account.
- Scroll down and find the option for Delete Account from iPhone mail app
- Re-Add removed account, Go to Settings > Passwords & Accounts > Add New Account.
- That’s it
3. Enable VIP Mail Notifications
- Open the Settings app on the iPhone.
- Scroll to Notifications settings.
- Next, Scroll to Mail option.
- Now, Check VIP Mail section, Enable Notifications toggle. also, check the Sounds and Badge settings.
- That’s it.
Read More About Change Mail Notification Sound on iPhone, iPad, Mac or Apple Watch.
4. Enable Mail Notification on iPhone, iPad
- Go to the Settings > Mail > Notifications.
- Explore more notification settings, and Set Sound, Turn on/Turn off Notification layout on the lock screen or unlocked iPhone Screen.
iOS 10 and Earlier Settings
At last, the option is Fetch New Data. Tap on it.
iCloud Apple mail has the only option for push Mails. For the other third-party iCloud Mail alternative we can set it for Fetch or Manual.
On the same screen, Time duration for fetch is Every 15 Minutes, 30 Minutes, Hourly and manually.
These settings apply for all account for that you set it on Fetch.
5. Disable Low Power Mode
Activated Low Power Mode (LPM) feature in iOS stops battery killer features in them email push notification included. So if LPM is enabled on your iPhone then can’t cant fetch new mail automatically, therefore, turn off Low Power Mode to get email notification back.
6. New Mail Not Sounding or set the different tone
- Go to the Settings App > Notifications > Mail.
- Tap on Account according to change or set a custom ringtone. Another option is Sounds.
- Tap on Sounds > Find tiny Alert tones or Ringtones.
- That’s it.
Also review other options related to email notifications like (Show in notifications center, Show on the lock screen or Unlocked screen style)
7. iPhone Email Notification Sound Not Working
New mail with notification sound, first you enable/turn on notification for the mail app. Here’s more troubleshooting iOS 11 notifications sound Won’t work
Go to the Settings > Notifications > Mail > Allow Notifications.
Premium Support is Free Now
8. Mail app Crashing on Launch
- iPhone able to Delete the Mail App from the home screen, then download and install a mail app from the app store.
- Try to Hard Reboot Your iPhone.
- Keep your iOS/iPadOS updated on iPhone/iPad [Settings > General > Software Update].
Don’t miss to share other irritating problems on Email notification not working; we are ready to help in the comment box.