This is the most common problem Mac users are facing right now on Mac, Macbook, iMac or Mac mini running on macOS Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra or Earlier. I am one of them, and I fixed this problem on my self after longtime efforts to fix it. I also experience and it seems that the report in apple for this error doesn’t look fixed and helpful for me. You must follow all are the helpful methods for auto fix problem on “Pages quit Unexpectedly”, “Pages keep crashing”, “after update page won’t open” while we open a new page or open existing saved pages on a system at before.
Pages are the most powerful app in macOS for access documents in any format without any third-party extension or third party software.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Alternate solutions on Pages Quit Unexpectedly on Mac
Method 1: Clear Preference Cache
- Launch Finder on Mac, Press Option key from keyboard and Click on Go from finder menu,
- If you press the option key, then you can see library option in the dropdown menu option.
- Next, click on “Library” then See the Library files saved on your Mac system.
- Under the Library folder go to the Preference folder > Right click on “com.apple.iwork.pages.plist” > Move to trash.
- Also clear “Trash data”.
Method 2: Clear data under Cache
- Find Library folder same as explained in method 1 > Caches > Remove “com.apple.iwork.pages.plist”
Method 3: Remove third-party add-on
If you installed any third party extension or tools in your Pages. Remove all.
Method 4: Update macOS or Pages in the App store
Spent some time to update your system, that helps to fix out all the problem while you try to open or start new.
- Click on Apple Logo () From Top Mac Menu.
- Next, click on the System Preferences option.
- Now, Software Update > Download and Install Latest Software on Mac.
- That’s it.
If your mac installed Beta MacOS Version, then try to switch on the Public Final Version of macOS. Remove Beta Profile from Mac and Wait for the next public update. If you shouldn’t wait for the next update then Backup your Mac on Time Machine, and Clean install with the latest macOS. I hope this fix and use like Your Friend’s Mac.
Open Mac App Store and Check for Pending Update for Page: Download and install New Page Update. I hope this will fix.
Apple will send regular updates on device performance and improve user experience on most of all Apple devices.
Make sure are you trying to open correct supported file formate on pages.
Hope you found here right troubleshoot techniques on Pages Quit unexpectedly or pages won’t open on Mac, pages keeps crashing Catalina, Mojave, pages not working, from here. Try to help someone fix a problem like this.