Last Updated on Dec 31, 2020
This is the most common problem Mac users are facing right now on Mac, Macbook, iMac, or Mac mini running on macOS Big Sur, macOS Catalina, or Earlier. I am one of them, and I fixed this problem on my self after longtime efforts to fix it. I also experience and it seems that the report in apple for this error doesn’t look fixed and helpful for me. You must follow all are the helpful methods for auto fix problem on “Pages quit Unexpectedly”, “Pages keep crashing”, “after update page won’t open” while we open a new page or open existing saved pages on a system at before.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Pages are the most powerful app in macOS for access documents in any format without any third-party extension or third party software.
Alternate solutions on Pages Quit Unexpectedly on Mac
Method 1: Clear Preference Cache
- Launch Finder on Mac, Press Option key from keyboard and Click on Go from finder menu,
- If you press the option key, then you can see the library option in the dropdown menu option.
- Next, click on “Library” then See the Library files saved on your Mac system.
- Under the Library folder go to the Preference folder > Right click on “com.apple.iwork.pages.plist” > Move to trash.
- Also clear “Trash data”.
Method 2: Delete Cache files from Mac and Rebuilt
Remove older page cache saved on your Drive and Re-generate a new copy of cache file. Follow the below path and find the cache folder and move all the cache data to bin.
- Open Finder on Mac. And Go to Top Mac Menu, Go > Go to Finder
- Enter the Cache path and Go. /library/caches
- Select all fonder and Right-click on the selection, Then select Move to bin.
- Try after Restart your Mac. From top mac menu, Apple logo > Restart.
- That’s it.
Method 3: Delete Pages app and Reinstall from the Mac App Store
Rebuilt the Pages folder on your Mac system root, This trick is really helpful to get the permanent solution if your pages having incompatibility macOS Version issues or Corrupted file system. Delete pages app from mac, Doesn’t delete Pages files that you saved on your Mac. So don’t worry, But you can take a backup of all those files before uninstalling them from Mac.
- First force quite pages on Mac, By right click on Recent Page icon or From Activity monitor. To Delete app, Open Finder on Mac > Applications > Right Click on Pages app > Move to Bin. Enter that Mac Login password to Uninstall or Remove old pages app. for more help, read out this article on apps won’t uninstall from Mac.
- To Download on Mac: Open App Store on Mac > Search Pages from App Search box > Tap on Cloud icon to Redownload on Mac.
Method 4: Open Pages Online and Work on it
you know that, Apple Givens online support for Pages, Numbers, and Keynote [Cloud for iWork]. If there is an issue with MacOS or Number Update then we can Upload and Open it on iCloud Drive or From Browser icloud.com – That’s really interesting to fix the issue and Work on Pages without westing your time.
- Open icloud.com on any mac/pc computer browser and logging with your apple id and password.
- Now, click on Pages > here’s the page’s dashboard.
- Start uploading Pages file on the iCloud drive by click on the Cloud icon with the upper arrow icon. To Create a new Pages document, Click on the Plus sign.
- That’s it. Now your all of your work is accessible on iPhone/iPad’s Pages app [Download Pages from app store].
Otherwise, Share the pages document in Mail, Ms Office or Other Social apps that support Pages. [Right click on Page docuement see all the sharing options] This is the quick helpful and interesting middle of the ocean tips.
Method 5: Clear data under Cache
- Find Library folder same as explained in method 1 > Caches > Remove “com.apple.iwork.pages.plist”
Method 6: Remove third-party add-on
If you installed any third party extension or tools on your Pages. Remove all.
Method 7: Update macOS or Pages in the App store
Spent some time to update your system, which helps to fix out all the problems while you try to open or start new.
- Click on Apple Logo () From Top Mac Menu.
- Next, click on the System Preferences option.
- Now, Software Update > Download and Install Latest Software on Mac.
- That’s it.
If your mac installed Beta MacOS Version, then try to switch on the Public Final Version of macOS. Remove Beta Profile from Mac and Wait for the next public update. If you shouldn’t wait for the next update then back up your Mac on Time Machine, and Clean install with the latest macOS. I hope this fix and use like Your Friend’s Mac.
Open Mac App Store and Check for Pending Update for Page: Download and install New Page Update. I hope this will fix it.
Apple will send regular updates on device performance and improve user experience on most of all Apple devices.
Make sure are you trying to open the correct supported file format on pages.
Hope you found here the right troubleshooting techniques on Pages Quit unexpectedly or pages won’t open on Mac, pages keep crashing after update macOS pages not working, from here. Try to help someone fix a problem like this.