Last Updated on Mar 16, 2022
Apple iOS 15 is available to download and install on a compatible device. Some of the user-facing errors (Stuck on Update Requested, Verifying, Stuck on “Estimating Time Remaining” etc) Trying to Update and Download/Install the latest iOS. That’s why Unable to download the new iOS on your iPhone for OTA update, Download status shows Update requested. And continue stuck with this message on the software update settings screen. This is the usual stage before download starts, but technically apple set this message because of getting a little more wait for the device that is requesting for New iOS download under Software update on iPhone, iPad settings app. Why iPhone showing “Update stuck at update requested..” Message or ios update stuck on estimating time remaining?
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
New iOS always release WorldWide at the same time. Apparently, the Apple server receives a vast spike and update requests in the parallel queue. After confirming the terms and Conditions agree then Your OTA (over-the-air) iOS updates are stuck at the update requested.
It’s a common problem on the day of release. iOS 15 compatible Device: Apple iPhone 13 (Pro Max) Mini, iPhone 12, Pro Max, 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, iPhone XS Max, XS, XR,X, 8, 8 Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus.
So can’t download iOS on your iDevice (iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch). So here’s what should you do to get rid of the Phone stuck or in a loop on the update requested – Unable to start download iOS.
Reasons to be considered and fix Update Stuck at update requested…, in iOS: iPhone, iPad
Make sure the latest iOS version is (iOS 15) released with the latest features.
Solution 1: Is the Update Requested Page is Time Consuming?
Yes, You are updating your iPhone and iPad with fill-up Gigabytes of Data, And Apple is serving the update service for free without data loss. Honestly, I am speaking that, it will take time Because Your Device is Preparing for the Update at this stage. According to my experience, it will take time 15 to 25 Minutes max, Approximately. If you are waiting still after the over-limit duration that follows the other troubleshooting steps given in this article.
- Most of the Case People don’t know the Device updation process will be handled only on a WiFi connection. Any if it has not proper connectivity then you should wait longer. If you agree with the WiFi is okay then follow the next point. also, Disable the VPN if VPN Profile installed profile and turned on, Settings > VPN [Disable the Toggle] or to Delete VPN profile, Settings > General> VPN > Tap on (i) button and Delete VPN.
- Not Enough Space [Required At least 5GBs of Free Storage], Let’s Quickly check in to, Settings app > General > About > Available. if you have then followed the next point. [Free Up Storage on iPhone]
- Phone Update Stuck Something with a Software bug. Try hard Reboot. [Solution 2 in this article] and After turned on, Try Again.
- Manually update Using iTunes or Finder on Mac/PC [Solution 4 in this Article]
- Wait it out. [Because of Busy Apple Server after Sudden announcement and Under Maintenance that we can check in your Browser]. Here’s the method to check the Apple system page service down or not?
- System Status in the USA:
- System Status in Canada:
- System Status in France:
- System Status in the UK:
- System Status in India
Solution #2: Hard Reset Your Apple iPhone
For iPhone 8 Plus/8 Plus/ iPhone X/ XS Max/ XS/ XR users: [You can also watch a video given below]
- Press and Quickly Release Volume Up button,
- Next, Press and Quickly Release Volume Down Button,
- After that, only Press and Hold the Side Button until you see the Black Screen on iPhone. To Start the iPhone, Again press the Side button until the startup apple logo on the screen.
- For iPhone 7/iPhone 7 Plus users: Press and Hold Sleep/Wake + Volume down button at the same time until appearing Apple logo
- For Hard Reset (iPhone 6S/6S Plus and Earlier model): Press and Hold the Sleep/Wake button and Home button for 20 seconds until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
Solution #3. You Should Delete The Software Update
is Your iPhone Won’t Update to iOS 15 or later? Follow these bottom steps and video guide, ideal solution to fix the Update install issue. In case you hard reset your Apple iPhone and unluckily it still gets stuck on Update Requested, then follows my steps to delete the software update
- Step #1. Open up the Settings App
- Step #2. Tap General
- Step #3. Tap iPhone Storage and next delete the iOS update from your iPhone. hope, on your phone screen, the update will appear on this menu as the version of the software update.
Full Latest Video Fix iOS 15 Update Problems: iOS 15 stuck on update requested
Full Guide Video on How to Upgrade Your iPhone to iOS 15
Solution 4: Do Software Update Using iTunes on Mac and PC
In your Region, Apple Server is too busy and Overloaded. try to install a new software update using iTunes on Mac/PC. Here are the simple steps to install New Software Update iOS 15 on iPhone.
- Open iTunes on Mac/PC.
- Connect your iPhone to Mac/PC using an original lightning cable.
- Now Unlock the device and Pair iPhone successfully with Mac/PC. So allow trust on the device when the popup appears on the iPhone screen.
- Next, click on the iPhone icon on the iTunes window. this will open the iPhone summary page,
- On the iPhone summary, you will find two buttons for update and restore.
- Go with the Update iPhone button. So iTunes will download the latest iOS update first on Mac/PC. after installation will start automatically.
- Complete the installation and wait for it.
Solution #5: Wi-Fi not Working or Slow Internet Speed
Disable or Enable WiFi on iPhone from the Settings App or with the Control center (Swipe up finger on Screen and Tap on WiFi icon). Or Go to the Settings > Tap Wi-Fi > Turn Wi-Fi toggle ON/Green.
- Disable WiFi and Enable WiFi.
- Also, Reset Network Settings, Go to the Settings App on iPhone > General > Reset.
- Under Reset > Tap on Reset Network Settings
Solution #6. Perform DFU Restore
- Some of the Reddit users say that iPhone gets stuck on Update Requested, they got solved with performing a DFU restore,
- in this process, it will erase and reload all the data on your iPhone and update it to the latest version of iOS.
- if you have no idea how to do that, don't worry, try out this complete guide to DFU restores to learn how to put your Apple iPhone into DFU mode!
Solution #7: iOS 15 Software Update Failed
Anyhow, Download not started and irritating the things that are happening on install iOS 15 Try alternate installation solution, Install iOS using iTunes on iPhone, iPad. Or Try clean install by Download Latest Firmware for iPhone ipsw, iPad ipsw, or iPod Touch ipsw.
Connect your iPhone to iTunes via Apple's Original lightning cable, Put iPhone into DFU mode and Browse .ipsw file and restore iPhone. Also Gettings error on installation,
- Stuck on verifying the update
- Software update failed
- After Download iOS, Unable to install iOS on iPhone
- Stuck on Apple logo
- My iPhone won’t turn on or Charge After Update
- Cannot connect app store to iOS
Sit back and enjoy it! It will faster than the OTA update, and without any error, we can install iOS 15 or later iOS versions.
More help and discussion about the iOS 15 update Stuck at the update requested, please comment on below.