On your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch Mail app giving the particular error with the title: Email address Rejected by the server on iPhone or Relaying denied. Then you must have to follow the below-setting guide possibilities. First, you have to correct the email address although Second follow the below steps. Getting rejected by server error or relaying denied error. Due to incomplete setup, you can’t send mail, reply or forward Email from this mail account. You will receive it from the mail server but unable to send or reply.
Exact Solution that Fix: Can not Sent Mail, A Copy has been placed in your Outbox. The recipient was rejected by the server because it does not allow relaying.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Compatible device: works on iPhone XR, Xs max, 11 Pro Max, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 5/5S/5C, and iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus, iPad and iPod touch 2nd generation, 3rd generation, and 5th generation.
Error cause invalid port used to send mail from your iOS device. So you can change or update port setting with below simple steps, don’t need any technical knowledge and expert suggestions.
Updated on (01 Jan 2020) and Fixed
iOS 13 reported the biggest bug and issues on sending email from outlook using email app on iPhone, iPad. And receiving message “Cannot Send Mail. The message was rejected by the server.” That means you couldn’t send an email to Microsoft Mail Services hosted by Microsoft: Outlook.com, Office 365, and Microsoft Exchange.
Now fix in new with iOS 13.3.1 update.
Why does it say my email was “rejected by the server because it does not allow relaying” when I try to send it to other?
Steps For iOS 11 or Later
People are facing this issue because During setup outgoing mail server details are optional and iOS users ignoring to submit your mail login details.
Re-enter your Email ID and Password for the outgoing mail server verification
- Go to the Settings app on iPhone, iPad
- Click Password & Accounts
- Tap on Account that has an issue for this error
- Hit Account
- Tap Out Going Mail Server
- Tap on Primary Server
- You can See Outgoing Mail Server (Enter User Name and Password) for Custome Mail Server.
Detailed Guide: Add email Account on iPhone.
Steps For iOS 10 or Earlier
- Step 1: Go to the Settings app from iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- Step 2: Next, Tap on Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Step 3: Tap on Email account (Already registered or logged in)
- Step 4: Move down the screen, and tap on the Outgoing mail server. (Don’t skip optional fields)
- Step 5: Now you have to go with the Primary Server option.
- Step 6: Next, click on the Server port option.
- Step 7: Delete/ Remove current port and re enter port number 25.
- Step 8: Save the setting by a tap on “Done.”
After that you should solve this error, Still, are you facing the same problem? Then enter valid SMTP details.
Note: SMTP details different for the different Email service provider, So contact your Email service provider and get the correct hostname. (ex for GMAIL: smtp.gmail.com) and your username and password.
Note: Port number also different on your Email service provider.
I hope you solved “Email address Rejected by the server on iPhone or Relaying denied ” or “Cannot Send Mail” problem to access your Mail from iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.