Last Updated on Aug 20, 2020
Do you have a big problem after the upgrade from Mojave to macOS Catalina on your MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, or iMac? As a big issue – Mac App store not working entirely macOS. Mac App Store (Error cannot connect to app store mac Mojave) is showing blank pages in macOS Mojave everything solved guide in this article.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Almost Mac users reported a problem that Apple Mac App Store not working. It happens after the Click on the OS X Update button, but this is a kind of bug. We know that without accessing the App Store on the device, we can’t download require apps on MacBook Air, MacBook Pro or iMac. So you should follow the Alternate way to avoid it. We serve here Alternate two ways to resolve your issue. Let’s Go beneath and let to know which one become helpful for your Problem Apple Mac app store not working macOS Catalina, High Sierra, macOS Mojave.
Don’t miss – Best Mac Data Recovery Software for lost Data
Fix Mac App Store not working in macOS Big Sur, Catalina, Mojave, Sierra, or High Sierra
- Check the System Status for Mac App Store.
- Re-launch the Mac App Store, by holding the Shift Key.
- Click Apple icon > Shut Down. Then start the Mac.
- Restart Wi-Fi Modem.
- Disable/Enable Wi-Fi on your Mac.
- Check the Date & Time, selected Country and Region, and Time-Zone as per region. Everything should be correct, otherwise, the Mac App Store may not work.
- Sign Out and Sign In with your Apple ID.
- Delete the App Store cache folder, Finder > Go > Go to Folder > type ~/Library/Caches, and hit return. Follow the same path and type /Library/Caches instead and delete the cache.
App Store Not working on macOS Big Sur. Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra or earlier
Solution 1: Update Mac using Combo Update
Before updating Mac, kindly check the current version of your macOS. To do so,
- Click on Apple icon > About This Mac.
- See the Version Number, it is displayed exactly below the macOS update name. If the Mac is not on the latest version then continue with the steps.
- There, you will find the Software Update button, try clicking on it. Also, enable Auto updates.
- Otherwise, you should update using a browser, using a Combo update.
What is Combo Update?
The combo update is the one that has all the updates and changes of the major version. Besides, you can update the Mac, within the same major update using a combo update.
Most of the users used to update macOS (macOS X) with the help of Combo update, since these combo updates are very helpful to clear up junk and various problems.
Solution 2: Sign Out of Mac App Store
If your Apple ID is facing some issues, then Mac App Store will not work properly on macOS X, at that time the best thing to do it Sign out of the App Store. After that, restart the Mac and then Sign In with the same Apple ID. Here’s how you can do it,
- Click on the Apple icon > App Store.
- Now, on the App Store top bar, click on Store and then Sign Out.
Solution 3: Clear App Store Cache
Clearing App Store cache files is a considerable solution to fix Mac App Store not working on macOS Catalina.
- Open Finder and click Go.
- Select Go to the folder.
- Type ~/Library/Caches/ and click Go.
Find the folders named,
The first one with the name com.apple.appstore is the main folder. Delete all the files stored in the above-listed folders. Don’t delete the folders, only delete the inside files and then empty the trash entirely.
Premium Support is Free Now
Solution 4: Delete Incorrect or Invalid Certificates
- Finder > Go > Go to the folder > type, /var/db/crls/.
- Delete the following files, ocspcache.db as well as crlcache.db, you may be asked to enter the administrator password.
- Next, restart the Mac and check if the problem still persists.
Solution 5: Switch to Other Account/Create a New User Account
Sometimes the problems lie within the user account that we use. If you have more than one user account on Mac, then switch to another or create a new user account, here’s how to do it.
- Click on the Apple logo.
- Choose System Preferences.
- Go to Users & Groups.
- In the bottom, click on the Lock icon and confirm by entering the admin password and username.
- Click Add New.
- Now read the sections one-by-one and add the new user account on Mac.
- Lastly, click Create User.
- Disconnect any VPN or Proxy that you are using on Mac.
- Uncheck Automatic Proxy from, Network Settings > Network Adapter > Advanced.