Last Updated on Jun 21, 2021
Are you looking for a Notes location in Mac? We’ll show you how to access the locally Stored Notes as well as the Notes Stored in the iCloud on any Mac, MacBook. Basically, the local Notes that you’ve created in the Mac and cached Notes located in the iCloud are stored in the Finder, inside the Group Containers. Depending on users, Notes might have Media files, Texts, Drawings, and various Graphics; all of these data are stored in different files. The simplest way to access the Notes is by opening the Notes App and navigating through different notes in the system.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
However, accessing the raw Notes files can be useful in different ways like recovering the Notes, taking backup of notes, transferring notes to other Mac, and more. We’ve listed both locations for Notes stored on iCloud and Local storage, know where are notes stored on M1 Mac?
Where Are All Notes Stored in Mac?
Notes Stored in Mac
Follow the steps to know where Notes are stored on Mac Monterey and other versions.
- Open Finder in your Mac.
- Click on the Go in the top menu bar.
- Select Go To Folder…Enter the following path,
- ~/Library/Group Containers/group.com.apple.notes/
- Once the path opens, you’ll see various Notes Files stored locally on the Mac along with the Notes of iCloud, which are caches on Mac storage.
- The Notes on Mac are stored in different files, like “NoteStore.sqlite” named file stores all the text data, while the media that you’ve added in the Notes are located in the “Media,” “FallbackImages,” and “Previews” files.
Where are the iCloud Notes Stored in Mac?
Mac stores iCloud Notes in a different location, if you don’t find them in the above location, then try out this.
- Launch Finder.
- In the top menu bar, click on Go.
- Select Go To Folder…
- Enter the following path,
It’s an important thing to remember that the password-protected Notes will still need the password to access even in SQL file format. Moreover, the data stored in the NoteStore.sqlite needs an SQL query to extract that can be run in the command line or any other third-party SQL Lite application.
Enable iCloud Note on Mac Notes App
Mac users can Sync Notes automatically with the iCloud account, If you enabled iCloud Notes from Mac System Preferences then the Mac Notes app will see all iCloud notes [Locked and unlocked notes]. Follow the below steps for Enable Mac Notes from iCloud account.
- Click on the Apple logo From the top mac menu > System Preferences.
- Click on Apple ID > Select iCloud from the sidebar.
- Enable Checkbox “Notes” > and Sync with Mac Notes app on Mac.
- That’s it. Open Notes app on Mac and see Notes under iCoud on Sidebar.
it might be take sometime to Download icloud notes to Mac and Appear on Mac Notes app.
View and Edit Apple Notes on Windows PC or laptop Via Browser
Access iPhone/Mac Notes to Windows PC is possible Via Browser. the iCloud account is accessible on any Browser so, this trick is really helpful when your Notes app on Mac or iPhone won’t open or Crashing. All Notes are updated from Mac and iPhone Notes app because syncing is Enabled in Backgroud to your iCloud account. Follow the steps for how to get apple notes on windows
- Go to the icloud.com and login with your apple id and password.
- Now, see the Notes > Here’s all Notes of your Apple Device. Access Locked and unlocked Notes just like same in Mac and iPhone.
- That’s it.
That’s all tricks is really helpful to use notes and Trouble with won’t access or lost your Device, Want to Recover all Notes on another device.