Last Updated on May 17, 2022
There are many alternate ways to Fix the Wi-Fi issues on Mac OS X. A little glitch in software creates a big problem, and it’s essentials for you like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth on Apple MacBook Air, MacBook Pro or iMac. also, refer to my last article WiFi issues On Mac, Many users are reporting their Problems that after upgrading to the latest version of MacOS, Wi-Fi not working as better worked in the prior version. So we recommend several extensive troubleshooting through that you’ll be getting resolved.
we are happy to help you, submit this Form, if your solution is not covered in this article.
Let’s follow the steps outlined below and check out the ways to fix Wi-Fi issue on Mac step by step. Maybe several users have also experienced that the Wi-Fi devices not discoverable on Apple laptop MacBook, MacBook Air/Pro or iMac then those folks can also be tried these ways.
Easy Alternate Ways to Fix Wi-Fi issue on Mac
Before getting started given steps, you should take a time machine backup on the safe side because in some ways you’ve to do editing some system-level configuration files.
1St Way – Remove Network Configuration and Preferences File from Mac
As the best troubleshooting way, you should trash the network Plist files manually. You’re unknown about deleting the system plist file on Mac then below steps.
Step 1. Turn Wi-Fi off from the wireless icon in the menu bar of the Mac
Step 2. Now launch Finder and press Command +Shift+ G then enter the below-listed path:
Step 3. Now you can see the below files in the opened folder of your desktop or laptop, first of all, Take back up through a time machine and delete these all files – if you’ve already backup then ignore it and do delete.
Step 4. Now reboot your Mac and then Turn ON Wi-Fi again.
Hope it would fix and you got better Wi-Fi connectivity with good speed. If this way isn’t worked for you, then try the second way which is to start below.
- Turn off VPN on Mac if Enabled
- Private Relay Might be Slow down the internet connection because of Traffic passing out from Apple’s Proxy server.
- Add a New WiFi Profile on Mac. Apple Logo > Networks > Unlock the Window > Click on the Plus icon to add a new WiFi Profile > Give a Name and Try to Connect.
- Create a New User Account and Check it.
- Reinstall macOS – We can download and install a New Copy of MacOS without Data loss.
- Safe Mode on Mac :- Safe mode on Mac determines the software issue because of installed software on Mac. First Put your Mac in safe mode, [We have a different processes for intel and apple silicon mac]. During safe more apple Mac fixes the issue, So check WiFi during Safe mode. if it’s working then Exit from safe mode and Recheck the issue is fixed or not.
- WiFi Adapter – If you found some Hardware issue, then Use an External USB WiFi adapter to enable WiFi on Mac. Check your Mac Warranty check online.
- Get a Free Apple Support and Hardware Repair, Before that Book Appointment at apple genious Bar Reservation.
Checkout More Solutions in Details Guide: 10 Fixes for WiFi Not Working on Mac
2nd Way – Turn off iCloud Photo library on Mac if it’s ON
Internal Glitch or Background process for sync photo on Mac, Disconnect WiFi automatically.
Step 1. Go to the System Preferences
> on Latest macOS: Systel Preferences > Apple ID > iCloud > Uncheck Photos
Step 2. Navigate to iCloud
Step 3. Click the Options button of the Photo app
Step 4. Now do turn off iCloud Photo Library
That’s it. Let’s know which in one way was useful for you out of given both as to Fix Wi-Fi issue on Mac OS Monterey, and Earlier macOS.